Understanding wagering requirements is a very important concept for all online gamers to understand. The basic definition of wagering requirements is casinos that offer players a chance to play at the casino with an extra bonus, however, you need to play a certain amount of times and deposit a certain amount before you can withdraw your winnings. So, in other words you need to place bets or play games in order for your bonus winnings to be released into your account. You will see the funds in your account however will not be able to access the winnings until you have met the wagering requirements.
Casinos do this to protect themselves from bonus abusers. Wagering requirements can be added to a deposit amount, bonus amount, free spins, etc. if you want to avoid these wagering requirements you need to choose the option that exempts you from the bonus, then you will not receive a bonus, but if you win you can withdraw at any time.
Examples of Casino wagering requirements
Casinos offer bonuses, it’s a way to say here is some extra money to play with us. However, you need to bet a certain amount in order to receive the cash part of your bonus. Some examples of wagering requirements are:
- Get €10 free deposit bonus with a wagering requirement of 30x (bonus and deposit) – Deposit and bonus means you have to wager both the deposit amount and the bonus amount which means its 60x. so if you deposit €10 and get €10, it’s €20×60 wagering requirement, which means you need to wager €1200 in order for your funds to be released.
- Get a €50 deposit bonus with a wagering requirement of 25x (bonus only) – You only have to wager the bonus you get. This means if you deposit €50 and get a €50 bonus, you will only have to wager €50 which means your overall wagering requirement is €1250 for your funds to be released.
Each online casino has different wagering requirements, so if you do want the bonus, you need to make sure of the wagering requirement before you choose the online casino.
Bonus Types – Wagering free, Sticky Type I and Sticky Type II
There are three main wagering bonuses. First up is the wagering free bonus. This means the bonus is wagering free and you can cash them out at any time. These are applicable on both bonuses and free spins. Second up is the Sticky I Bonus; this bonus can be used to wager but cannot be withdrawn. For example:
- The bonus you receive is €100. From that bonus, you win €50. This €50 can then be used to wager and decrease the wagering requirement. The moment you make a withdrawal, this bonus is permanently removed from your account.
Sticky Type II Bonus is very similar to type I, however, with this one if you withdraw you can still use the bonus for wagering. Therefore, this option is the more attractive option.
Bonus and Cash Balance at Casinos
At online casinos, you will find two different balances in your account if you choose the bonus. First is your cash balance, this is the balance you have that does not require wagering. This is pure cash and you can withdraw your money at any time.
The bonus balance is the bonus amount you received from the casino. As you complete the wagering requirements, your bonus amount will move to your cash balance which can then be withdrawn.
Games and Wagering Requirements
At online casinos, different games contribute to the wagering requirement in different ways. For example, at Casumo Casino here is how the games contribute to the wagering requirements:
- Baccarat (all kinds) – 0%
- Blackjack (all kinds incl. Pontoon and Double Exposure) – 0%
- Casino Hold’em – 10%
- Oasis Poker – 10%
- Punto Banco – 0%
- Roulette (all kinds) – 0%
- Slot machines – 100%
- TXS Hold’em poker – 10%
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em – 0%
- Video Poker – 30%
- All other games – 100%
So, it’s safe to say that at this casino you want to stick to the slot games and the “all other games” categories to finish your wagering requirements as quickly as possible.
No wagering Requirements – Bonuses and Free Spins
There are a few cool bonuses you can get that don’t require wagering and this includes:
- Happy Hugo – Get 200% with no wagering requirements
- Lucky Dino – Get 150% + additional 100 Free spins wager free
- Guts – 20 Free Spins on signup with no wagering requirements
- Betspin – No wagering requirements on winnings from Free Spins.
Overall, there are plenty more, read through our site or look through our casinos to see which one you would like to play at!