All you need to know about Italy Casino Licenses. Since the participation of illegal gambling in Italy is viewed as a criminal activity and thus punishable under criminal laws, specific responsibilities have been assigned to the task of gambling. Agenzia delle Dogane e dei Monopoli (ADM) was created to fight against illegal gaming by verifying the compliance of licensees and traders of the gaming sector.
This body until September 2014, was recognized as AAMS. The AAMS (as previously known) – Amministrazione Autonoma dei Monopoli di Stado had been assigned by the state the duties of regulating gaming and license processing. In the past pre-dating 2000, gambling was completely illegal, however gradually liberalized post 2000. The liberalization process was implemented through the following phases:
- 2004: Endorsement of remote instant and traditional lotteries;
- 2005: Validation of Lotto, Superenalotto and bingo;
- 2006: Legalization of tournament card games, like poker and skill games;
- 2009: Authorization of poker cash and casino games.
Casinos that hold an Italy Gaming License
There are certain requirements or rules in order to grant a Italy Gaming License, following below:
Player Registration Requirements
For the protection of both parties, the service provider and the player. There are specific requirements and processes a player must initially complete before playing at an online casino. The player must also sign a contract in which he or she must disclose personal data;
- A copy of the clients Identification Card
- Tax code
- Codice Fiscale
The purpose of this rigorous registration process of the Italian government is to protect minors under the age of 18 years. In addition, should an adult facilitate gambling to minors, they will be at risk of criminal charges.
Types of licenses
The state has taken the responsibility of operations relating to online gaming and also the granting of licenses for internet gaming companies. Internet gaming licenses granted for 9 years allowing current license holders a gaming portfolio extension from the same license. Such extensions include the following:
- Instantaneous drawing and deferred drawing lotteries
- Lotto and associated games
- National pari-mutuel numeric games
- Card games such as poker
- Fixed-odds games of chance
- Games based on sports events
- Games based on horse races
Overall, Each and every one of the entities above require their own gaming regulations.